It is with great pleasure that we welcome your participation in this year’s show, 35 Rhythm & Jive, our 35th annual recital!
Each year we strive to produce a show that is a source of entertainment for our audience and a happy and proud experience for our students. The following information serves as an important communication with parents. After reviewing this information, please call or email your questions if we can be of further assistance. A review of dress rehearsal procedures will be discussed during your child’s costume distribution time. We appreciate the opportunity to share this special event with your child and family. Please keep an eye on your email for regular “recital updates” as we get closer!
Performance: Saturday Matinee, April 8th @ 1pm
Performance: Saturday Evening, April 8th @ 5pm
Performance: Sunday Matinee, April 9th @ 4pm
All 2017 dress rehearsals and recitals are held at Lexington High School, located at 251 Waltham Street, Lexington, 02421. We recommend you enter via Worthen Road, where the field house dome is, and go in the main entrance. You will be directed to the auditorium from there.
19: Recital packet emailed home - TICKET ORDER FORMS ARE NOW ACCEPTED. DAY ONE NOW - FEB. 13TH
1: ALL BALANCES ARE DUE. We will not release seats unless your account is paid in full. Thank you for you cooperation!
13: Ticket orders will begin to be organized by date of delivery. They may be dropped off prior to this date. At this time you may also drop off your flower order and volunteer form.
20-25: School Vacation Week: CLASSES ARE HELD
13: Recital Flower Bouquet Order Forms and Volunteer Forms are due.
13: Tickets can be picked up at The Dance Inn beginning on this day, during your child’s regular class times or during regular office hours.
18 & 26: Dress Rehearsals, Lexington High School (see rehearsal schedule)
3 - 7: Last week of regular schedued classes!
8 & 9: Recital Weekend: Saturday Matinee, 1pm. Saturday Evening show, 5pm. Sunday Matinee, 4pm
10 - 13: Video Party / Early Registration for Fall/Winter 2016-2017 Session
14 - 23: Studio closed
April 24: Spring sesion begins
Recital Ticket Information
The ticket order form can be accessed by clicking, here:
- All ticket orders must be delivered by hand or mail to the Lexington office at 1403 Massachusetts Avenue, Lexington, MA 02420
- Please be sure your child’s balances are paid PRIOR to delivering your form. All balances are due by February 1st. Please do not send payments with ticket orders as we will not be able to process payments when we are pulling tickets.
- Ticket orders received on or before February 13 will be placed in a DAY ONE box
- Ticket orders received on February 14 will be placed in a DAY TWO box; tickets received February 15 in a DAY THREE box, etc.
- Envelopes are pulled at random in the order of the box they are in.
- It is the responsibility of the parents to complete the ticket order form. Most importantly, including the correct show(s) to order tickets for.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do to sit with my friends?
Mail or hand-deliver all your ticket order forms and payments in the same envelope.
My husband needs an aisle seat! What do I do?
Make a note in the space provided on the order form if an aisle seat is a necessity. It may mean you sit further back but, if a special seating arrangement is important to you, let us know! We will try to accommodate requests.
When will I get my tickets?
Parents and students (Gr. 6+ with parent’s permission) can pick up tickets at the Lexington studio beginning March 3rd.
Will tickets be sold on the day of the show?
Yes, if there are still seats available. Where is the best place to sit? All the seats are good in this auditorium. There is a balcony for individuals who prefer watching from above.
I’m going to volunteer at a different recital than the one my child is performing in, how do I note that on my form so I can redeem the free ticket?
Just make a note of that next to the ticket payment section. In order for this to go through you must confirm with Kristin Cobb (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you are in fact registered to work a different show.
What about handicapped seating?
Handicapped seating is available throughout the auditorium, in the front side rows, the back corners and the center of the balcony. In addition, we seat guests with visual disabilities in the front row. In order to accommodate your requests, we MUST receive your ticket order by the first day and we REQUEST THAT YOU HAND DELIVER IT TO OUR OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR AND INDICATE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENVELOPE THAT YOU NEED A HANDICAPPED SEAT.
Please note the following policies to avoid a delay in processing your ticket order:
- All balances must be paid in full prior to issuing tickets. Tickets cannot be reserved without full payment. Tickets cost $18 each. Each person admitted to the auditorium needs a ticket, regardless of age. Please do not bring children under 3. Children ages 3 and above need their own ticket to enjoy the show, this includes preschool performers who can join their parents in the auditorium after intermission.
- Performers must change into street clothes before sitting in the auditorium.
- Massachusetts Fire Laws direct that no one may have another person sitting on their lap in the auditorium.
- Tickets will not be refunded or exchanged. Please complete your order form carefully!